Department: Patient Services Center - Clinical
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Dallas, TX - Corporate Office or Flint, MI - Patient Services Center
Position Summary: The Licensed Practical Nurse is to provide patient care under the supervision of the Pharmacist. The LPN performs acts which require substantial knowledge, judgment and nursing skill based on principals of psychological, biological, physical and social sciences. The Nurse Consultant is responsible for consulting with patients on matters regarding a clinical review of their disease, current and future therapy, side effect management, as well as ongoing surveys and progress notes.
- Interact closely as a patient liaison concerning initial and existing patient consultations.
- Must be knowledgeable of drug side effects and interactions.
- Correlate between drug manufacturers, physicians and staff to provide seamless prescription process.
- Cross train when needed.
- Verify information; give payment options, set up refills and deliveries.
- Triage of orders for patient counseling.
- Administration of self-injectable training if necessary.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Completion of the Licensed Practical Nursing certification.
- Experience: One year of current nursing experience and hospital experience is preferred.
- Licensure: Valid license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Skills/Knowledge: Have the ability to recognize needs of and express concern for people. Must be able to set priorities effectively. Must have the ability to maintain constructive working relationships with patients, families, co-workers, community organizations and physicians. Must have patience. Must have ability to take on new tasks and learn new skills.
- Physical: Must be able to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, bend, climb, kneel and capable of lifting 35 pounds.
- Mathematics – Basic Math skills and computer aptitude. Basic RX30 software and other computer based programs as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Language – Fluency in English with outgoing personality that translates to people skills with excellent verbal and written communications.
- Must have excellent phone skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Computer aptitude
- Exceptional skills in reading, writing and verbal communication (English)
- Strong time-management organizational skills
- Willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of the PA process
- Understanding of commercial and government insurance plans
- Familiar with differences between medical and prescription insurance coverage
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient needs
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to effectively present information to insurance agents and medical professionals
- Dedicated to excellence and quality
- Able to collaborate with other healthcare professionals
- Strong interpersonal and “people” skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
(214)-888-6984 • HR@senderrarx.com